Turn New Year's Resolutions Into Long-Term Solutions
AUSTIN, Texas, Jan. 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Just in time for the New Year's focus on health, Whole Foods Market® announces its 303 stores now feature its new Health Starts Here program, offering products, education, practical tools and wellness resources to promote healthy lifestyles.
Health Starts Here is an approach to healthy eating, rooted in four principles:
- Whole Food: choose whole, fresh, natural and organic foods that are not refined or highly processed.
- Plant-Strong™*: reconfigure your plate and incorporate more fruits, vegetable, whole grains, nuts and seeds, beans and legumes into every meal.
- Nutrient Dense: make every bite count with foods that contain the most nutrients per calorie.
- Healthy Fat: get healthy fats from whole plant foods like nuts, avocados and seeds.
As is repeatedly reported in scientific studies, this past year the Report of the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee on the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommended a more plant-based diet that emphasizes vegetables, beans and peas, fruits, whole grains, and nuts and seeds to promote health and help reduce the risk of chronic disease.
"The link between food and health is clear," said Margaret Wittenberg, global vice president of quality standards and healthy eating at Whole Foods Market. "Health Starts Here can help turn New Year's resolutions into long-term health and wellness solutions."Shoppers can find Health Starts Here products and resources at all Whole Foods Market stores and online at wholefoodsmarket.com/healthstartshere. Some major initiatives and offerings include:
- Health Starts Here Prepared Foods: rolling out in the prepared foods departments of all Whole Foods Market stores, these convenient sides, salads, snacks and ready-to-cook entree options are made with whole, fresh, nutrient-dense foods that incorporate more vegetables, fruits, whole grains, nuts and seeds.
- Health Starts Here Sprouted Grain Breads: rolling out in the bakery department of all Whole Foods Market stores, these hearty, healthy, delicious breads are made with 100 percent whole grains and contain no refined flours, added oil, refined sugars or processed ingredients.
- In-Store Healthy Eating Point Person: an informational resource for shoppers offering hands-on support through store tours and food demos to help shoppers learn more about how simple and delicious healthy eating can be.
- Online Resources : offers a variety of tools including recipes, cooking tips, shopping and meal planning guides, helpful videos and external resources including recommended books and partner websites.
- New Health Starts Here Frozen Vegetables: nutritious as a convenient side or as an affordable entree. Leafy green offerings: Collard Greens, Kale, and Leafy Greens Blend. Vegetable blend options: Garden Blend, Harvest Blend, Four Seasons Blend, Soup & Stew Blend and Beans and Greens Blend.
- ANDI Scoring System : Aggregate Nutrient Density Index is a patented scoring index** providing a simple relative comparison of foods based on micro-nutrients per calorie. ANDI signage located throughout the store is a simple way to select foods with high nutritional content to make every bite count.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV