Chefs Converge on the Caymans
GRAND CAYMAN, Cayman Islands (TheStreet) -- Now that the snow is here, there should be something to keep you going until spring -- something warm and delicious to make you smile. There certainly is, and TravelsinTaste found it: It is time to take part in top gastronomic events as part of a dedicated Culinary Month for the Cayman Islands.
Top chefs have been flocking to the islands for a while now. First and foremost is Eric Ripert, executive chef and co-owner of Le Bernardin in New York, who opened Blue by Eric Ripert at the Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman -- a taste of Le Bernardin with Caribbean influences -- in 2005. His famously delicious Tuna Foie Gras has made its way south accompanied by a Trio of Conch Ceviche in addition to the locally caught and responsibly fished bounties of the island's fishermen.
More From TravelsinTaste
|CUT: A Cut Above the Rest|
|Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C.: Sumptuous Steaks|
|Strip House: A Sexy Steakhouse Like No Other in Manhattan|
Chef Dean Max (of 3030 Ocean at the Marriott (MAR) Harbor Beach in Fort Lauderdale) has also been a Cayman proponent for quite some time. Over the past six years, Max and Brasserie owners Clarence and Lisa Flowers have polished their Grand Cayman gem of a restaurant. The restaurant re-opened its doors early last year and introduced a garden, exhibition kitchen, walk-in wine room and their own fishing boat to ensure freshly caught seafood!
|Eric Ripert of Le Bernardin is at home in the Caymans, cooking at the Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman and as serving as host of special island culinary events that start Thursday.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV