DETROIT (TheStreet) -- The Detroit Auto Show shines a spotlight on the auto industry, and on auto stocks.
The show opens Jan. 15, but the press preview, expected to attract about 5,000 journalists (including TheStreet) from around the world, will take place Monday and Tuesday. Additionally, an investor conference, attended by many industry analysts, is scheduled for Tuesday."The auto show has historically been an important touch point for how the companies are feeling about demand for the year, about how they see their fundamentals shaping up for the year," said ConvergEx Group strategist Nicholas Colas. "It focuses the market's attention dramatically, because every analyst and every investor sees every company for a week -- it's the whole industry in five calendar days."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV