Experts from insurance companies ranging in specialties from property/casualty to life insurance will discuss their companies’ economic position at NYSSA’s 15th Annual Insurance Conference from February 7–8, 2011. Robert P. Hartwig, PhD, CPCU, president and economist at Insurance Information Institute, will provide an outlook for the industry on day one of the conference. On the second day, Stephen Way, chairman and CEO at Houston International Insurance Group, will examine the industry from a private equity perspective.
The property/casualty (P/C) insurance industry battled through intensely competitive market conditions and the effects of reduced economic activity in 2010, whereas the life insurance industry continued its recovery in 2010 as investment losses declined, sales improved for many product lines, and capital levels hit record levels. Senior-level executives from the following sixteen companies will present to investors:
- American Equity Investment Life Holding Co. (AEL)
- American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG)
- American Safety Insurance Holdings, Ltd. (ASI)
- AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. (AFSI)
- Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (AGII)
- EMC Insurance Group, Inc. (EMCI)
- FBL Financial Group, Inc. (FFG)
- FPIC Insurance Group, Inc. (FPIC)
- Hallmark Financial Services, Inc. (HALL)
- National Interstate Corporation (NATL)
- ProAssurance Corp. (PRA)
- RLI Corp. (RLI)
- Selective Insurance Group, Inc. (SIGI)
- Tower Group (TWGP)
- Unitrin, Inc. (UTR)
- United Insurance Holdings Corp. (UIHC)
The 15 th Annual Insurance Conference will be held from February 7–8, 2011, from 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. on February 7 and from 8:00 a.m.–2:20 p.m. on February 8. The conference location is 1540 Broadway, Suite 1010, New York, NY 10036.
Please visit www.nyssa.org/insurance for a detailed event description and registration information.There is no charge for press with credentials. About NYSSA The New York Society of Security Analysts (NYSSA) is a leading forum for the investment community. NYSSA’s mission is to promote best practices and the highest professional and ethical standards in the industry. With over 10,000 members, NYSSA is the largest of the 135 societies worldwide that make up CFA Institute, which has over 100,000 members.