Executives Discuss Direction Of Insurance Industry At NYSSA Conference
Experts from insurance companies ranging in specialties from property/casualty to life insurance will discuss their companies’ economic position at NYSSA’s 15th Annual Insurance Conference from February 7–8, 2011. Robert P. Hartwig, PhD, CPCU, president and economist at Insurance Information Institute, will provide an outlook for the industry on day one of the conference. On the second day, Stephen Way, chairman and CEO at Houston International Insurance Group, will examine the industry from a private equity perspective.
The property/casualty (P/C) insurance industry battled through intensely competitive market conditions and the effects of reduced economic activity in 2010, whereas the life insurance industry continued its recovery in 2010 as investment losses declined, sales improved for many product lines, and capital levels hit record levels. Senior-level executives from the following sixteen companies will present to investors:
- American Equity Investment Life Holding Co. (AEL)
- American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG)
- American Safety Insurance Holdings, Ltd. (ASI)
- AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. (AFSI)
- Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (AGII)
- EMC Insurance Group, Inc. (EMCI)
- FBL Financial Group, Inc. (FFG)
- FPIC Insurance Group, Inc. (FPIC)
- Hallmark Financial Services, Inc. (HALL)
- National Interstate Corporation (NATL)
- ProAssurance Corp. (PRA)
- RLI Corp. (RLI)
- Selective Insurance Group, Inc. (SIGI)
- Tower Group (TWGP)
- Unitrin, Inc. (UTR)
- United Insurance Holdings Corp. (UIHC)
The 15 th Annual Insurance Conference will be held from February 7–8, 2011, from 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. on February 7 and from 8:00 a.m.–2:20 p.m. on February 8. The conference location is 1540 Broadway, Suite 1010, New York, NY 10036.
Please visit www.nyssa.org/insurance for a detailed event description and registration information.There is no charge for press with credentials. About NYSSA The New York Society of Security Analysts (NYSSA) is a leading forum for the investment community. NYSSA’s mission is to promote best practices and the highest professional and ethical standards in the industry. With over 10,000 members, NYSSA is the largest of the 135 societies worldwide that make up CFA Institute, which has over 100,000 members.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV