(Premarket roundup updated with KB Home earnings results and updated share price movements.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) --
KB Home (KBH) reported fourth-quarter net income decline of about 82% to $17.4 million, or 23 cents a share, from $100.7 million, or $1.31 a share the previous year. Revenue fell about 33% to $451 million, from $674.6 million the previous year, on lower housing and land sale revenues. Analysts, on average, expected loss of 17 cents a share on revenue of $441.3 million.
Shares of the company rose 4% to $14.90 in prmarket trading.
Xoma (XOMA) released disappointing interim results Thursday from a phase IIa study of Xoma 052 in Type 2 diabetes. Xoma fell 10% to $6.10.
Sara Lee (SLE) will follow through on plans to split its meat and coffee businesses into two separate companies after turning down Brazilian beef processor JBS SA's buyout offer, a report says. Premarket quotes were unavailable for Sara Lee. Shares of Sara Lee ended Thursday's trading session flat at $17.46.
Liz Claiborne (LIZ) slashed its profit outlook following a weak December for its Lucky Brand, Juicy Couture and Mexx Europe brands. Liz Claiborne said it now projects the improvement in its adjusted operating income at $40 million to $50 million for the second half of fiscal 2010, which ended in December. Its previous view called for an improvement of $80 million. Shares of Liz Claiborne tumbled 18.8% to $5.60 in premarket trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV