There's a reason people hit the gym and run through snowpiles for the first few months of each year, and resolutions are just a part of it. Grocery buyers still bloated from all of that holiday stuffing drove overall food sales down for the first two months of last year, according to the Consumer Price Index, and sent "food at home" grocery purchases plummeting between 0.7% and 2% in each month of the first quarter.
This is why grocery interest groups such as the Canned Food Alliance promote deep discounts during Canned Food Month in February and the National Frozen and Refrigerated Foods Association takes similar measures to rotate stock during Frozen Food Month in March.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV