On top of wind-related firms such as China Wind Energy (CWS), China Ming Yang Wind Power Group (MY) and Broadwind Energy (BWEN), PBW's index hosts companies hailing from the solar, battery and rare earth elements industries.
The fund's broad diversification into the realm of alternative energy will ensure that investors will be better protected against economic turmoil in the future.
Over the past 90-day period, the fund's broad approach has allowed it to handedly outperform both FAN and TAN, returning 25%.
Although green energy is sure to be a hot topic in the coming year, finding stable ways to invest in the industry can be a tricky task. Rather than attempting to target a small facet of the industry, conservative investors determined to follow the growth of the alternative energy industry over the long term would be better off opting for the diversified exposure that comes with owning PBW.Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV