By Ian Wyatt
NEW YORK (TheStreet) - The run in rare earth mining stocks continues. As I mentioned in Wednesday's article, How Beijing's Policies Could Mean no More Smart-phones , I think that we'll be hearing a lot more about these companies throughout 2011.
These stocks offer tremendous potential for investors. The risk is pinpointing the legitimate contenders in the race to replace the stockpiles that China has decided to hold back from rest of the world.
As I previously told you, rare earth elements really aren't all that rare; finding substantial deposits that are economically feasible to exploit is what takes time, effort - and capital. Here are a couple of my favorite players.Since I last covered Molycorp (MCP) in Rarest Resources Offer Biggest Gains back in October, the stock has shot up 110 percent, and is up over 330 percent since its August IPO.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV