Golden Enterprises Announces Quarterly Results
Golden Enterprises, Inc.’s (NASDAQ: GLDC) Board of Directors today declared a quarterly dividend of $.03125 per share payable January 26, 2011 to stockholders of record on January 14, 2011.
Golden Enterprises, Inc.’s basic and diluted income per share for the thirteen weeks ended November 26, 2010 was $.05 compared to $.06 for the thirteen weeks ended November 27, 2009. Net sales for the quarter were $30,910,393 down 1.7% from the comparable period in fiscal 2010. The Company maintained healthy earnings in the second quarter, despite a more cautious grocery consumer.
For the twenty-six weeks ended November 26, 2010, total net sales were $62,866,477 down 1.8% compared to last year. The basic and diluted income per share was $.14 compared to $.15 last year.
As we begin the third quarter, we are aware of the challenges ahead as we see rising energy and commodity cost. However, we will continue to provide quality snacks for our consumers at a competitive price throughout our marketing area.The following is a summary of net sales and income information for the thirteen weeks and twenty-six weeks ended November 26, 2010 and November 27, 2009.
|Thirteen Weeks Ended||Twenty-Six Weeks Ended|
|November 26,||November 27,||November 26,||November 27,|
|Income before income taxes||872,620||1,015,309||2,605,959||2,677,244|
Basic and diluted income per share
Basic weighted shares outstanding
Diluted weighted shares outstanding
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV