Hauppauge Launches New Dual Format Mobile Digital TV Receiver, With Integrated TV Antenna
2011 International CES, Booth C9542: Hauppauge Digital, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAUP), the world's leading developer and manufacturer of TV tuner products for personal computers, has launched its latest digital TV receiver, the WinTV-Aero-m. WinTV-Aero-m is used to watch live, over-the-air, digital TV on a PC-based laptop or netbook.
Live TV received by WinTV-Aero-m can be watched in a window, so you can work on your laptop or netbook while watching uninterrupted live TV. Simply plug WinTV-Aero-m into the USB port on a Windows based laptop or netbook, extend the antenna, and scan for over-the-air TV channels being broadcast in your area. In a few minutes you will be watching live over-the-air digital TV on your laptop or netbook screen.
There are two types of over-the-air digital TV being broadcast in the U.S.; the Mobile Digital TV broadcasts which are designed for mobile TV reception such as in a car or a train, and the high definition ATSC digital TV broadcasts, which typically are received from a fixed location such as a coffee shop or in a home. The WinTV-Aero-m can receive both types of broadcasts, and therefore is a universal digital TV receiver for the U.S.
Mobile Digital TV broadcasts are relatively new in the United States, having just started in 2010. But a consortium of TV broadcasters, called the Mobile Content Venture, intends to roll out Mobile Digital TV to 20 U.S. markets in 2011. Since the WinTV-Aero-m can also receive ATSC broadcasts which have been broadcasted since 1999, a user who purchases the WinTV-Aero-m has made a future proof purchase. If they are not in an area which can receive Mobile Digital TV today, they can still watch ATSC broadcasts from a fixed location and then watch Mobile Digital TV on their netbook while they travel once those broadcasts become available.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV