Hauppauge Launches Colossus High Definition H.264 Video Recorder For PCs
2011 International CES, Booth C9542: Hauppauge Digital, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAUP), the world's leading developer and manufacturer of TV tuner products for personal computers, today launched its new Colossus internal PCI Express board capable of recording component video and unencrypted HDMI video at up to 1080i from sources such as the Xbox360 and digital SLR cameras.
The latest addition to Hauppauge’s line of high definition video recorders, Colossus is similar to the company’s HD PVR external USB-based H.264 recorder, but offers expanded capability to include HD video recording from the HDMI port on the Xbox360 game console. When connected to an Xbox360, an HDMI cable can be used to record game play at video resolutions up to 1080i. When connected to a Playstation3, game play is recorded using component video at 1080i resolution.
Colossus allows users to make high definition video recordings of their highest-score games and even game tutorials, directly from the game console. Users can record game play in HD and then upload the recording to YouTube or other popular game recording websites. Colossus features pass-through support for component video and digital audio, enabling users to monitor game play on an HD TV set while recording.
When connected to a cable TV or satellite set top box, Colossus users can record TV programs in HD. Colossus includes an IR blaster and the latest WinTV v7 application so that users can schedule a recording and have the Colossus “blast” channel commands to the set top box at the appropriate time.With Colossus connected to a set top box, a user can record a TV show or a complete TV series in high definition to their PCs hard disk, make HD libraries of favourite TV programs and then playback to the PC screen or burn the recording onto a disk in a high definition Blu-ray™ format.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV