(Premarket roundup updated with additional news and updated quotes)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Limited Brands (LTD) reported comparable store sales increase of 5% vs. the 4.6% increase that analysts were calling for. Buckle (BKE) said its same-store sales rose 6.1% vs. the 4.5% rise that analysts had expected.
Costco (COST) said its December same-store sales rose 6%. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters were calling for same-store-sales incease of 6.2%.
Premarket quotes were unavailable for Limited and Buckle. The stock fell 1.1% to $29.58 at the close of Wednesday's regular trading session. Buckle ended Wednesday's trading session down 0.2% to $36.67.
Costco was flat at $71.02 in premarket trading.
A U.S. presidential commission criticized BP's (BP) contractors and regulators as well as BP for the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, saying that "better management by BP, Halliburton (HAL) and Transocean (RIG) would almost certainly have prevented the blow-out," the Associated Press reports. Following a dip, BP shares rose 2.2% to $47.50 in premarket trading. Transocean rose 0.9% to $73.90. Premarket quotes were unavailable for Halliburton, which fell 0.3% to $39.42 on Wednesday.
Small- to medium-size business lender CapitalSource (CSE) may be putting itself up for sale, according to the Wall Street Journal. Shares of CapitalSource are rising 2.3% to $7.50.
Reports say ARM (ARMH) has received the stamp of approval from Microsoft (MSFT) for its chip designs. Shares of ARM rose 8.4% to $23.72 in premarket trading; Microsoft was up 0.1% to $28.04.
Newport Beach, Calif.-based communications chip maker Mindspeed Technologies (MSPD) gave a disappointing revenue forecast because of weak demand from wireless customers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV