The stock was last quoted at $22.14, up 1.2%, on volume of roughly 125,000, according to Nasdaq.com. The advance comes with the stock sitting right around its 52-week high after more than doubling in 2010.
Microsoft said said the next-generation of its Windows operating system will work with the "system on a chip" designs of ARM, a rival of longtime Microsoft partner Intel (INTC).ARM's semiconductor architecture has become dominant in mobile devices, including smartphones and tablet computers, and Microsoft's decision underscores its increased commitment to being competitive in the smartphone space. -- Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV