(Silver story updated with Silver Standard upgrade and price target boosts, and year-to-date share price movement updates.)
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The consensus of market experts with regards to silver in 2011 goes something like this: silver prices are generally expected to stay hot in 2011 -- though not without troughs -- after dramatically outpacing gold prices in 2010.
According to Jefferies analyst Michael Dudas,
silver prices should "achieve higher highs and greater lows in the next 12 to 18 months" driven by monetary, supply-demand and technical drivers. The prediction comes as BullionVault announces that its online gold and silver trading business grew nearly 29% by volume to $1.33 billion in 2010, while customer numbers increased to 21,000 given the increased appetite for safe-haven and alternative investments.
In light of this, TheStreet sat down with numerous silver stock analysts and market watchers to arrive at six stocks the experts say they would buy during the expected silver price dips -- in hopes of later benefiting from anticipated silver-price spikes in 2011. Click on for the consensus top six silver stock picks....
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV