NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The consumer sector still has a long way to go before the market can declare a full recovery. Nonetheless, there are still some opportunistic stock picks within discretionary stocks in 2011.
Of course consumers will remain cautious in the near term, with the consumer confidence index hovering in the low 50s, unemployment holding stubbornly at around 10% and prices at the pump once again rising.
The high-end consumer, however, is recovering faster than other categories, and companies that cater to this market could have a Happy New Year.
In light of all this, Sterne Agee analysts have compiled their top picks in the consumer sector in 2011. Here's a look at which they believe are poised to pop.....
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV