NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "Don't fear a correction, pray for one," Jim Cramer announced to the viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Wednesday, as he told investors that the stock market is done doing nothing, and they need to be in it.
Cramer said after 10 years of the markets moving sideways, he feels it's time to get bullish on stocks. He said investors need to stop worrying about 3% to 5% corrections and learn to love them, as they may be the only time to get into the markets at a great price.Cramer cautioned that investors who sell at these levels might not be able to get back in as stocks surge ever higher. Cramer said he's seeing signs of strength, whether it's Caterpillar (CAT), a stock which he owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS, or Eaton (ETN) or railroad CSX (CSX). Cramer said it's clear that the industrials are on fire. Likewise with the banks, said Cramer. While the bears fret that Bank of America (BAC), another Action Alerts PLUS name, is up too much in the short term, Cramer reminded viewers that this $15 stock once traded over $50 a share before the 2008 crash. Cramer was also bullish on Citigroup (C) and Action Alerts PLUS favorite JPMorgan Chase (JPM). Other bullish names included Alcoa (AA) and Ford (F), a company Cramer said could become the world's No. 1 auto maker. "Don't let a correction scare you," Cramer concluded, "do some buying."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV