Genta Incorporated (OTCBB: GNTA.OB) announced that the Company’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Dr. Raymond P. Warrell, Jr., will provide a company overview at the Biotech Showcase - 2011 Conference on Monday, January 10
at 4:15 pm PST.
The conference will be held at The Parc 55 Wyndham San Francisco - Union Square Hotel in San Francisco, CA. Further information about the Biotech Showcase is available at:
Incorporated is a biopharmaceutical company with a diversified product portfolio that is focused on delivering
for the treatment of patients with cancer. The Company is developing
, a novel, orally absorbed taxane that is in the same class of drugs as paclitaxel and docetaxel. As the leading oral taxane in clinical development,
has been evaluated in a broad program of completed or ongoing Phase 2a/Phase 2b clinical trials. The Company has announced that gastric (stomach) cancer will be the lead indication for Phase 3 registration studies.
Genasense® (oblimersen sodium)
Injection is a modified DNA-based antisense drug that may enhance the effectiveness of anticancer therapy. Genta has completed enrollment in a randomized, double-blind Phase 3 study of Genasense
in patients with advanced melanoma, known as “AGENDA”. Genta is exclusively marketing
Ganite® (gallium nitrate injection)
in the U.S, which is indicated for treatment of symptomatic patients with cancer-related hypercalcemia that is resistant to hydration. The Company has developed proprietary
of the active ingredient in Ganite
that are being evaluated as potential treatments for diseases associated with accelerated bone loss. Ganite
are available on a “named-patient” basis in countries outside the United States. For more information about
, please visit our website at:
This press release may contain forward-looking statements with respect to business conducted by
Incorporated. By their nature, forward-looking statements and forecasts involve risks and uncertainties because they relate to events and depend on circumstances that will occur in the future.
Such forward-looking statements include those that express plan, anticipation, intent, contingency, goals, targets, or future developments and/or otherwise are not statements of historical fact.
The words “potentially”, “anticipate”, “could”, “calls for”, and similar expressions also identify forward-looking statements.
The Company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements.
Factors that could affect actual results include, without limitation, risks associated with:
There are a number of factors that could cause actual results and developments to differ materially.
For a discussion of those risks and uncertainties, please see the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for 2009 and its most recent quarterly report on Form 10-Q.
- the Company’s ability to obtain necessary regulatory approval for its product candidates from regulatory agencies, such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the European Medicines Agency;
- the safety and efficacy of the Company’s products or product candidates;
- the commencement and completion of any clinical trials;
- the Company’s assessment of its clinical trials;
- the Company’s ability to develop, manufacture, license, or sell its products or product candidates;
- the Company’s ability to enter into and successfully execute any license and collaborative agreements;
- the adequacy of the Company’s capital resources and cash flow projections, or the Company’s ability to obtain sufficient financing to maintain the Company’s planned operations;
- the adequacy of the Company’s patents and proprietary rights;
- the impact of litigation that has been brought against the Company; and
- the other risks to the Company’s Business as described in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K and Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q.