Photo Release -- SPOT Wins CES Innovations 2011 Design And Engineering Award
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 5, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Spot LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Globalstar, Inc. (Nasdaq:GSAT) is proud to announce today that SPOT Connect, a new SPOT satellite communicator capable of sending messages via satellite from today's leading smartphones, has earned this year's CES Innovations Design and Engineering Award. Judged by a panel of independent industrial designers, engineers and members of the media, products submitted in this prestigious program are reviewed and honored for outstanding design and engineering in cutting edge consumer electronics across 35 product categories.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=8560
Unveiled this week at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, SPOT Connect transforms select smartphone operating systems into a global personal one-way satellite communicator. For the first time ever, consumers will enjoy peace of mind knowing they can send custom text messages with GPS position from their smartphone over the Globalstar satellite network from virtually anywhere in the world.By simply downloading the SPOT Connect app on the smart device, SPOT Connect wirelessly synchs via Bluetooth. Users can send custom Type and Send messages served as SMS text or a short email to their friends and family, post messages to Facebook and Twitter and request help in emergencies from remote regions. "It is truly an honor to be recognized as innovative leaders in design and engineering by such a reputable program," said Peter Dalton, President of Spot LLC and CEO of Globalstar, Inc. "Today's announcement of SPOT Connect offers a revolutionary new way for consumers worldwide to stay connected from their smartphone despite the inherent limitations of cellular or wireless connectivity."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV