"While the overall semiconductor industry has continued its recovery, there have been some soft spots, such as DRAM
Mattson now expects revenue of $41 million for the three months ended Dec. 31. The company forecast revenue within a range of $46 million to $50 million in late October and the current average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters is for revenue of $49.1 million in the quarter.
The company didn't provide a specific per share loss view but rather said it expects its loss for the December period to be "significantly greater" than its prior forecast for between breakeven results and a loss of 4 cents a share. Wall Street's consensus estimate is for a loss of a penny per share in the quarter.The cash balance at quarter's end is projected at $24 million vs. its outlook of $30 million to $33 million. Mattson explained the decline in cash and cash equivalents by saying it had already used its monies to buy inventory and complete the manufacturing of the tools that ended up being delayed. "
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV