Wall Street remained fairly bullish on Annaly, with 12 of the 16 analysts covering the stock at either strong buy (5) or buy (7), with the remainder at hold. The analysts' median 12-month price target sits at $18.75.
Wunderlich Securities analyst Merrill Ross maintained a buy rating and $18 price target on Annaly following the announcement of its secondary offering. Ross also raised his 2011 earnings estimate to $2.54 per share from $2.50 per share.
The analyst said he believes Annaly will use half of the raised capital to boost its portfolio and earnings momentum, while the other half can be viewed as a defensive move against 2010 year-end interest rate swaps.Analysts from Deutsche Bank reiterated a buy rating on Annaly in October, setting a price target of $20. Annaly's secondary offering marks its second since last summer. In July of last year
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV