Company Profile: Conceptus develops, manufactures and markets the Essure permanent birth control system, an innovative and proprietary medical device for women.Current Share Price: $13.81 (Jan. 4) Potential Upside: 67% based on a price target of $23 Barrington's Take: Conceptus is the last of the six new additions to Barrington's Best Ideas List for 2011 as the company "offers investors an appealing long-term growth story and is trading at an attractive valuation, in our view." The firm notes the success of Conceptus' Essure permanent birth control solution, which has a five-year effectiveness rate of 99.74%. "We believe Essure is the best device with the most cost effective, efficacious and safe solution on or near to market with improving fourth and fifth generation devices," Barrington wrote. "Essure has not had a pregnancy from its clinical trial after more than five years of follow-up." -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Robert Holmes. >To follow Robert Holmes on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/RobTheStreet. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV