Bridgepoint Education (BPI)
Company Profile: Bridgepoint Education is a regionally accredited provider of postsecondary education services, which includes programs in the disciplines of business, education, psychology, social sciences and health sciences.Current Share Price: $18.34 (Jan. 4) Potential Upside: 58% based on a price target of $30 Barrington's Take: The firm says Bridgepoint Education remains a top pick for 2011 for the same reasons Barrington picked the stock in 2010, namely discount valuation, strong fundamentals, experienced management team, a scalable business model, and a solid balance sheet. "For these reasons, in our opinion, Bridgepoint's stock has plenty of catalysts to help it move higher over the next 12 months," Barrington wrote. "Despite recent political attacks by Senator Tom Harkin (Chairman of the Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions), we continue to believe Bridgepoint Education's regulatory risk remains low."
PRGX Global (PRGX) Company Profile: PRGX Global provides recovery audit services to businesses and government agencies having numerous payment transactions. Current Share Price: $6.40 (Jan. 4) Potential Upside: 58% based on a price target of $10 Barrington's Take: PRGX Global is another new addition to Barrington's top picks, as the company "offers investors an appealing long-term growth story and is trading at an attractive valuation, in our view." The firm notes PRGX Global's new strategy. "PRGX launched a new growth strategy in 2009, expanding on its leadership position in retail recovery audit to include non-retail, healthcare and business analytics and advice," Barrington analysts wrote. "To that end, the company is investing an additional $20 million in the business throughout 2010 and the first half of 2011, which is impacting profitability in the near term but will begin to yield a return in the coming (2011) year."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV