DARA Bioscience's Offering Oversubscribed
RALEIGH, N.C., Jan. 4, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- On December 28, 2010, DARA BioSciences, Inc. (the "Company") (Nasdaq:DARA) announced that it planned to raise up to $4 million through a registered public offering of units comprised of shares of Series A convertible preferred stock and warrants to purchase shares of common stock. Due to strong demand for the offered securities, the Company increased the size of the offering to up to $4.8 million.
The closing of the sale of units took place on December 30, 2010. Richard A. Franco Sr., the Company's President and CEO, purchased 200 of the units, for a purchase price of $200,000.
Estimated net proceeds after payment of placement agent fees and other offering expenses are approximately $4.3 million. The net proceeds received by the Company from the offering will be used for the ongoing development of its lead candidates and for working capital and general corporate purposes. With cash on hand plus these proceeds the Company believes it has sufficient capital to operate effectively over the next 12 months.At the closing the Company issued to investors 4,800 shares of Series A convertible preferred stock (which are convertible into a total of 1,920,000 shares of common stock), Class A Warrants to purchase 960,000 shares of common stock and Class B Warrants to purchase a total of 960,000 shares of common stock. Shares of Series A preferred stock have a liquidation preference equal to $1000 per share and, subject to certain ownership limitations, are convertible at any time at the option of the holder into shares of Company common stock at a conversion price of $2.50 per share. Class A Warrants are exercisable immediately after the date of issuance and expire five years after the date of issuance. Class A Warrants will entitle the holder to purchase shares of common stock for an exercise price equal to $2.50.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV