NEW YORK (Karvy) -- Northern Dynasty Minerals (NAK), Ivanhoe Energy (IVAN), Hewlett Packard (HPQ), Itron (ITRI), and EnerNOC (ENOC) could outperform their respective sector peers and offer upside in the range of 31% to 143%, implied from the consensus estimates of price targets.
These stocks span diverse industries, namely mineral exploration and mining, CleanTech, utilities, oil and gas, and information technology.
Northern Dynasty shines on the back of a rapidly growing metals industry. Mining investments are expected to range between $115 billion and $120 billion during 2011, higher than the record $110 billion in 2008, the Financial Times reports.
Meanwhile, EnerNOC may benefit from the current buzz in clean technology. As the world becomes a more efficiently mobilized place, Itron, the smart meter company, seems an attractive buy. With oil prices scaling to record highs, Ivanhoe continues to discover new oil fields, which could fuel investments in the company. HP can leverage the acceleration in global tech spending in 2011.The five stocks are stacked in terms of upside, great to greatest.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV