NEW YORK (Karvy) -- Northern Dynasty Minerals (NAK), Ivanhoe Energy (IVAN), Hewlett Packard (HPQ), Itron (ITRI), and EnerNOC (ENOC) could outperform their respective sector peers and offer upside in the range of 31% to 143%, implied from the consensus estimates of price targets.
These stocks span diverse industries, namely mineral exploration and mining, CleanTech, utilities, oil and gas, and information technology.
Northern Dynasty shines on the back of a rapidly growing metals industry. Mining investments are expected to range between $115 billion and $120 billion during 2011, higher than the record $110 billion in 2008, the Financial Times reports.
Meanwhile, EnerNOC may benefit from the current buzz in clean technology. As the world becomes a more efficiently mobilized place, Itron, the smart meter company, seems an attractive buy. With oil prices scaling to record highs, Ivanhoe continues to discover new oil fields, which could fuel investments in the company. HP can leverage the acceleration in global tech spending in 2011.The five stocks are stacked in terms of upside, great to greatest.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV