Crunching the Costs of New Year's Resolutions
If this is your resolution, there's no time like the present to get to it.
During January -- often referred to as a dead period by travel experts -- airlines, hotels and even vacation-rental agencies offer deals to entice vacationers. Virgin American, for example, is offering $119 fares between Boston and Los Angeles, $129 fares between New York and San Francisco and $129 seats to Seattle from Washington's Dulles Airport. Sonesta Hotels (SNSTA), meanwhile, is offering $111 room in per-person rates in the U.S., Caribbean, South America and Egypt through Jan. 11 as part of its 1.1.2011 promotion.
American Airlines (AMR), Southwest Airlines (LUV) and Fairmont Hotels are among other outlets offering deals during this down period, when the Department of Transportation's Bureau of Transportation Statistics says air traffic dwindled to 52.6 million passengers last year from 64 million to 68 million each month during the summer before.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV