Luxottica: Monthly Update On Share Buyback Program
MILAN, Jan. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- In connection with the share buyback program approved at the Shareholders' Meeting on October 29, 2009, and launched on November 16, 2009, Luxottica Group S.p.A. (NYSE: LUX; MTA: LUX) announced today that during the month of December it purchased under that buyback program an aggregate amount of 144,574 shares on the Milan Stock Exchange's Mercato Telematico Azionario (MTA) at an average unit price of Euro 21.69 per share, for an aggregate amount of Euro 3,136,107.
In parallel, Luxottica Group's subsidiary, Arnette Optic Illusions, Inc., sold during the same period on the MTA an aggregate amount of 610,489 treasury shares, at an average unit price of Euro 21.86 per share, for an aggregate amount of Euro 13,344,729.
Since the launch of the program, Luxottica Group purchased an aggregate total amount of 4,710,454 of its shares, at an average unit price of Euro 19.07 per share, for an aggregate amount of Euro 89,816,864.
In parallel, Luxottica Group's subsidiary Arnette Optic Illusions, Inc. sold an aggregate total amount of 5,257,269 treasury shares, at an average unit price of Euro 19.23 per share, for an aggregate amount of Euro 101,094,468.As a result of the sales begun in September 2009, Arnette Optic Illusions, Inc. does not hold any more treasury shares. www.luxottica.com SOURCE Luxottica Group S.p.A.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV