Apple stock hit another new high Monday, up more than $7.20, or 2.24%, in midday trading to $330.19.
Its market capitalization, or its share price multiplied by its number of shares outstanding, was hovering at more than $302 billion.
In that respect, Apple has been the most valuable company in tech since surpassing Microsoft's (MSFT) back in May. While Microsoft has spent much of the past few years lagging behind other tech giants in product innovation, Apple has continued to release a series of consumer-proclaimed blockbusters, including its market-leading iPad last spring.Apple is now the world's second-largest company behind Exxon Mobil (XOM), whose market cap simmers at $375.87 billion.
--Written by James Rogers in New York.
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV