NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Sirius XM Radio (siri) shares spiked to a 52-week high of $1.72 this morning after the satellite radio company announced that it has entered into a multi-year broadcast agreement with Manchester United Football Club.
The agreement gives Sirius the rights to stream Manchester United matches to subscribers online as well as through Sirius' mobile application.
"We are very proud to have Sirius XM as our first satellite radio broadcaster in the U.S." Manchester United CEO David Gill said.
As the official U.S. radio broadcaster of Manchester United, Sirius will provide listeners with a live play-by-play broadcast of every Premier League match."Manchester United is one of the most famous and widely followed sports franchises in all of the world and we're thrilled to offer our listeners access to every one of their Premier League matches," Sirius president and chief content officer Scott Greenstein said. "Fans across the U.S. will be able to tune in to live play-by-play through their radios, through their computers and through the Sirius XM App." All games will air on Sirius channels 125 and 113 and XM channels 241 and 244. Sirius shares are up more than 4.5% to $1.71 in morning trading. -- Written by Theresa McCabe in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Theresa McCabe. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to @TheresaMcCabe. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV