NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Shares of Bank of America (BAC) are up 3.8% to $13.85 in premarket trading after the bank said it has reached agreements with the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (Freddie Mac) and the Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae) over repurchase claims related to residential mortgage loans Countrywide Financial sold to them. With the settlement, Bank of America expects to record an impairment charge of about $2 billion in the fourth quarter.
Shares of Alcoa (AA) have risen 3.1% to $15.87 in premarket trading after Deutsche Bank lifted the stock to buy.
According to a Wall Street Journal report, Borders' (BGP) decision to postpone payments to some publishers has lead to a decision by book distributor Rowman & Littlefield Publishing to halt shipments of books to the retailer.
Borders shares have risen 3.3% to 93 cents.
According to several media reports, Anadarko Petroleum (APC) may be an acquisition target of mining giant BHP Billiton (BHP). Reports say that BHP may offer to buy the U.S. oil and gas company for $90 a share. Shares of Anadarko are up 0.8% to $76.80 in premarket trading. BHP shares are up 1.6% to $94.37.
Various reports say that Sony (SNE) may offer to buy movie theater operator IMAX (IMAX) for more than $40 a share. IMAX shares are up 0.3% to $28.15 in premarket trading, while Sony settled at $35.71, up 0.4%, Friday. Premarket quotes weren't available for Sony.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV