Hearst in Talks to Buy Lagardere Unit
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Hearst is in talks with Lagardere about acquiring Lagardere's international press and magazine business, the two companies announced Friday.
The two sides said they had agreed to conduct exclusive negotiations until Jan. 30.
Paris-based Lagardere's magazines include Elle and Car & Driver.
New York-based Hearst's newspapers include the Houston Chronicle and San Francisco Chronicle. It also owns more than 200 magazines, including Good Housekeeping and Cosmopolitan, as well as TV stations and stakes in cable networks.> > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV