4. Metalico (MEA) is a scrap metal processor and the largest fabricator of lead-based products.
The stock is set to benefit from robust scrap metal demand from emerging economies, especially China and India. Commenting on third-quarter earnings, President and CEO Carlos E. Agueero said, "We remain focused on margin generation and expanding the business while meeting or exceeding performance goals. From a macro perspective, we remain bullish on commodity markets for both base metal and precious metal prices in the fourth quarter and into 2011."
He added, "From a macro perspective, we remain bullish on commodity markets for both base metal and precious metal prices in the fourth quarter and into 2011. We anticipate that metal prices will be supported by recovering global manufacturing demand coupled with restrained scrap supply and augmented by accelerating weakness in the U.S. dollar and other major currencies, which favors holding real assets such as metals and other commodities."
Earnings are estimated at 36 cents in 2010 and 46 cents in 2011, a significant turnaround from a loss of 8 cents reported for 2009, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg.During the past three months, the stock gained around 40%. Of the four analysts covering the stock, three recommend buying and one rates selling. At $5.63, analysts anticipate an upside of 33% for 2011, based on the consensus target price of $7.5.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV