4. Metalico (MEA) is a scrap metal processor and the largest fabricator of lead-based products.
The stock is set to benefit from robust scrap metal demand from emerging economies, especially China and India. Commenting on third-quarter earnings, President and CEO Carlos E. Agueero said, "We remain focused on margin generation and expanding the business while meeting or exceeding performance goals. From a macro perspective, we remain bullish on commodity markets for both base metal and precious metal prices in the fourth quarter and into 2011."
He added, "From a macro perspective, we remain bullish on commodity markets for both base metal and precious metal prices in the fourth quarter and into 2011. We anticipate that metal prices will be supported by recovering global manufacturing demand coupled with restrained scrap supply and augmented by accelerating weakness in the U.S. dollar and other major currencies, which favors holding real assets such as metals and other commodities."
Earnings are estimated at 36 cents in 2010 and 46 cents in 2011, a significant turnaround from a loss of 8 cents reported for 2009, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg.During the past three months, the stock gained around 40%. Of the four analysts covering the stock, three recommend buying and one rates selling. At $5.63, analysts anticipate an upside of 33% for 2011, based on the consensus target price of $7.5.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV