5. Mag Silver (MVG) is engaged in acquisition, exploration, and development of mineral properties in Mexico.
The stock gained around 108% year to -date, while Silver Wheaton (SLW) was the best performer among silver producers with year-to-date gains of 158%.
Among other silver majors, Pan American Silver (PAAS), Coeur d'Alene Mines (CDE), Compania de Minas Buenaventura's (BVN), Hecla Mining (HL), Silver Standard Resources (SSRI), and Endeavour Silver (EXK) gained around 74%, 55%, 46%, 83%, 29%, and 100%, respectively.
Both the analysts covering Mag Silver recommend buying. The stock is expected to gain 32% in 2011 with a consensus 12-month target price of $16.4. Silver Wheaton and Pan American Silver follow Mag Silver, with an upside potential of 9% each.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV