6. IAMGOLD (IAG) is a Canada-based mining and exploration company.
Early December, the company revised its annual dividend payment 33% higher to 8 cents per share. IAMGOLD's president and CEO Steve Letwin said, "The dividend increase reflects the confidence the board and management have in the current and future cash flows for the Company. We have a superior combination of assets and people, and when you couple that with our strong balance sheet and attractive opportunities, the outlook for growth is very positive." The company expects its gold production to increase by 20% during 2011
For the current quarter, analysts expect IAMGOLD to report earnings of 27 cents, compared to earnings of 11 cents and a loss of 13 cents in the quarter-ago and year-ago periods, respectively. For the full year, the company is set to report earnings of 67 cents per share for 2010 and $1.29 per share for 2011, in comparison to earnings of 32 cents per share during 2009, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg.Of the 19 analysts covering the stock, 14 recommend buying and 5 rated holding.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV