8. South Korea's Posco (PKX) is the world's third-largest steel company generating around 70% sales in South Korea, home for Hyundai Motors and Kia Motors.Posco's stock underperformed peers, declining around 19% during 2010. The hike in iron ore and coking coal prices has impacted the company's earnings as Posco could not pass on increased raw material costs to customers, despite higher steel prices during the year. Consequently, third-quarter earnings were lower than expected, requiring a 7% downward revision in full-year profit.
10 Metal Stocks for 2011
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.