9. Canada's Kinross Gold (KGC) is engaged in gold mining with projects in Canada, the U.S., Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Russia, Ghana, and Mauritania.
For the third quarter of 2010, it had earnings of 44 cents per share compared to 15 cents per share and a loss of 4 cents per share in the quarter-ago and year-ago periods, respectively. In its third-quarter earnings release, Kinross upgraded its production guidance to 2.30 million ounces to 2.35 million ounces, up from the earlier forecast of 2.2 million ounces.
The company is set to report earnings of 76 cents per share for 2010 and 86 cents per share for 2011, up from 44 cents per share in 2009, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV