10. International Coal (ICO) is a leading coal producer in Central and Northern Appalachia and the Illinois Basin.The stock has gained around 88% year to date, ahead of Peabody Energy's (BTU - Get Report) 40%, Consol Energy's (CNX) -2%, Alpha Natural Resources' (ANR) 33%, Arch Coal's (ACI) 55%, Massey Energy's (MEE) 25%, Alliance Holdings' (AHGP) 74%, and Natural Resource Partners' (NRP) 33% gains.
10 Metal Stocks for 2011
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.