10. International Coal (ICO) is a leading coal producer in Central and Northern Appalachia and the Illinois Basin.
The stock has gained around 88% year to date, ahead of Peabody Energy's (BTU) 40%, Consol Energy's (CNX) -2%, Alpha Natural Resources' (ANR) 33%, Arch Coal's (ACI) 55%, Massey Energy's (MEE) 25%, Alliance Holdings' (AHGP) 74%, and Natural Resource Partners' (NRP) 33% gains.
Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect International Coal to report earnings of 8 cents in the fourth quarter, compared to a loss of 7 cents a year earlier. Analysts foresee the company reporting earnings of 28 cents per share for 2010 and 60 cents per share for 2011, in comparison to earnings of 14 cents for 2009.
Of the eight analysts covering the stock, six recommend buying and two rated holding. During 2011, analysts anticipate the stock to gain 23% with a consensus 12-month target price of $8.9.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV