The S&P 500 Index has gained 12.9% so far in 2010, while the SPDR S&P Metals and Mining ETF (XME) surged 32.7%, outperforming broader markets. Given the current run-up in metals prices and the positive momentum in equity markets, metals and mining stocks will likely provide investors attractive returns during 2011.
Analysts expect the following 10 metals and mining stocks to outperform their peers and broader markets, based on the upside implied from their price targets for 2011. These stocks are expected to gain in the range of 23%-40% over the next 12 months, with a mean upside value of around 20%. In addition, most of these stocks received favorable buy recommendations.
The stocks are stacked by upside, from great to greatest.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV