Weis Markets Announces Sixth Round Of Price Freeze Program
SUNBURY, Pa., Dec. 30, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Weis Markets, Inc. today announced it has lowered the prices on 2,400 staple items, effective Sunday, January 2 and that it will freeze the prices of these products for 90 days through April 2, 2011. It is the Company's sixth round of its 90-day Price Freeze program over the past two years.
"Our 90 Day Price Freeze program continues to make sense in a slow growth economy impacted by high unemployment in most of the markets we serve," said David J. Hepfinger, Weis Markets President and CEO. "It has been a great program for our customers. Over the past two years, our Price Freeze program has helped our customers save more than $6 million and we hope to save them more money in 2011."
Weis Markets current Price Freeze program includes 2,400 store brand and brand-name products in grocery, produce, frozen, dairy, meat, deli, seafood, bakery, health, beauty care and general merchandise.
The Price Freeze Program is being promoted in Weis Markets' current circular, television, radio and billboard advertisements. In stores, customers will see Price Freeze signage and shelf tags for participating items.Founded in 1912, Weis Markets, Inc. (NYSE: WMK) is a Mid-Atlantic food retailer operating 164 stores in five states: Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and West Virginia. SOURCE Weis Markets, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV