Top 10 Emerging Markets Stocks in 2010
3. Melco Crown Entertainment (MPEL) is the owner, developer and operator of casino gaming and entertainment resort facilities focusing on the Macau market. It operates through its subsidiary Melco Crown Gaming. On a year-to-date basis, the company escalated 87.5%, touching 52-week highs in November. In comparison, Melco's U.S. counterparts MGM Resorts International (MGM) and Nevada Gold and Casinos (UWN) gained 63.4% and 10.3%, respectively. Century Casinos (CNTY) lost 10.4% on a year-to-date basis.
During the past 12 months ending November 2010, Melco's sales jumped 165.8%, with the casino operator owning three franchises in Macau. For the third quarter, net revenue scaled up 45% to $727 million from the year-ago period, attributable to improvement in the broader operating performance in Macau. Melco swung to a net profit during the quarter, compared to a net loss earlier.
Industry analysts predict Macau's total revenue will exceed $22 billion for 2010, up from the recently calculated $15 billion. Melco said with its new operating management structure in place since three months ago, tangible results are visible and the focus is on maximizing returns from the portfolio of assets in Macau.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV