5. Tata Motors (TTM) is engaged in the manufacture of commercial and passenger vehicles and providing customized financing solutions through its in-house financing arm for Tata vehicles.
On a year-to-date basis, the automobile company gained 69.6%, touching 52-week highs in November. In comparison, U.S. counterparts Ford (F) gained 67.3% and Toyota (TM) lost 7.0% on a year-to-date basis.
During the April-November period, cumulative sales were up by 30% to 678,598 vehicles, with Jaguar Land Rover sales increasing by 33%. In June, the company announced it is acquiring an 80% stake in the Italian design and engineering firm Trilix Srl, in a deal valued at Euro 1.85 million. Tata Motors is planning to integrate technologies with Jaguar and Land Rover in order to lower the cost of new engine development by sourcing auto parts from common vendors and thus reap the benefit of economies of scale.Looking ahead, the company will be raising the prices of most of its passenger vehicles by 1% to 1.5% in January 2011, aiming to offset the rising cost of raw materials. Besides, the company plans to launch two light commercial vehicles Venture and Iris, and start commercial production of its electric car during the first quarter of 2011. Meanwhile, Tata Motors foresees a 50% surge in its Ace family light commercial vehicles in 2010, as compared to 2009.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV