10. Companhia de Bebidas das Americas - AmBev (ABV), a subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD), is engaged in the production, distribution and sale of beer, carbonated soft drinks, and other non-alcoholic and non-carbonated beverages in 14 countries across the Americas. On a year-to-date basis, the company gained 48.5%, touching 52-week highs in December.
For the third quarter, net sales scaled up 13% year-over-year, driven by an 8.1% rise in total volumes. Operating income was up 12% during the same period. The company announced a 5-for-1 stock split on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, AmBev has a franchise to produce, sell and distribute PepsiCo (PEP) outside the U.S. The company has also garnered a significant 70% share in the Brazilian beer market. In December, Brazil's Council for Economic Defense approved AmBev's unrestricted use of part of Cerpa do Pará brewery's idle capacity for manufacturing its products during a 12-month period.For full-year 2010, Zacks' earnings per share estimate stands at $6.79, higher than $6.61 predicted a month ago, and a significant 31% rise from 2009 levels. Meanwhile, 2011 EPS is seen at $7.57, up 12% from the prior year. Moreover, since the company is focused on the domestic markets and is based in an emerging market where growth is skyrocketing, S&P has given a positive outlook for the company's performance in the upcoming quarters. The rating agency adds that AmBev's prudent financial strategies and resilient cash flows will support performance further.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV