Top 10 Foreign Tech Stocks in 2010
NEW YORK (TheStreet) - The 10 best performing foreign technology stocks listed here posted gains in the range of 100% to 250% year to date. By contrast, the S&P 500 Index and the Nasdaq Composite Index scaled up around 12.9% and 17.3%, respectively.
Meanwhile, technology giants Apple (AAPL), Microsoft (MSFT), Google (GOOG), IBM (IBM), Oracle (ORCL), Intel (INTC), Cisco Systems (CSCO), and Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) returned in the range of -18% to 54% year to-date.
Most of the 10 best-performing stocks have favorable "Buy" recommendations, indicating analysts preference. Israel dominates the list with six stocks, while two are from China, and one each from Taiwan and Ireland.
India's Rediff.com (REDF) is the 11th best-performing pick among foreign technology stocks. However, investors shied away from large-cap Indian IT companies because of higher valuations, and concerns related to operating margins, and increasing payrolls.The stocks are stacked on 2010 returns, from great to greatest.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV