Top 10 Foreign Tech Stocks in 2010
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) - The 10 best performing foreign technology stocks listed here posted gains in the range of 100% to 250% year to date. By contrast, the S&P 500 Index and the Nasdaq Composite Index scaled up around 12.9% and 17.3%, respectively.
Meanwhile, technology giants Apple (AAPL), Microsoft (MSFT), Google (GOOG), IBM (IBM), Oracle (ORCL), Intel (INTC), Cisco Systems (CSCO), and Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) returned in the range of -18% to 54% year to-date.
Most of the 10 best-performing stocks have favorable "Buy" recommendations, indicating analysts preference. Israel dominates the list with six stocks, while two are from China, and one each from Taiwan and Ireland.
India's Rediff.com (REDF) is the 11th best-performing pick among foreign technology stocks. However, investors shied away from large-cap Indian IT companies because of higher valuations, and concerns related to operating margins, and increasing payrolls.The stocks are stacked on 2010 returns, from great to greatest.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV