BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Light trading is the name of the game this week as the holiday weekend and remnants of the weekend's East Coast snowstorm wreak havoc on the market's normal trading rhythm.
Although a slew of economic data is slated to be released to end 2010, the fact that trading volume for most indices is only around half of its average levels is pretty hard to ignore right now. As a result of that lighter volume, expect traders to avoid pulling the trigger on most stocks.
But while trading will be left up to the few this week, that doesn't mean it's time to become lazy when looking at trade setups. After all, with a return to normalcy kicking off with 2011's first trading day next Monday, there should be ample opportunity to make up for Wall Street vacations. To make the most of those, we're once again turning to the technicals for a group of promising setups.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV