BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Light trading is the name of the game this week as the holiday weekend and remnants of the weekend's East Coast snowstorm wreak havoc on the market's normal trading rhythm.
Although a slew of economic data is slated to be released to end 2010, the fact that trading volume for most indices is only around half of its average levels is pretty hard to ignore right now. As a result of that lighter volume, expect traders to avoid pulling the trigger on most stocks.
But while trading will be left up to the few this week, that doesn't mean it's time to become lazy when looking at trade setups. After all, with a return to normalcy kicking off with 2011's first trading day next Monday, there should be ample opportunity to make up for Wall Street vacations. To make the most of those, we're once again turning to the technicals for a group of promising setups.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV