NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- U.S. stock futures pointed to a marginally higher open on Wednesday -- a day that's expected to be light on trading with no economic news scheduled for the session.
Futures for the Dow Jones Industrial Average were up by 11 points, or 8 points above fair value, at 11,520. Futures for the S&P 500 were 1 point higher, or a little more than 1 points above fair value, at 1255, and Nasdaq futures were ahead by 5 points, or nearly 5 points above fair value.
Stocks saw a mixed close to Tuesday's session as disappointing consumer and housing data kept gains in check.On Wednesday,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV