(Premarket story updated with Savient Pharmaceuticals news and share price information.)
Shares of the company are down 1.02%, or 12 cents, to $11.65 in premarket trading.
Capital Markets analyst Robert Norfleet upgraded engineering and construction firm KBR (KBR) to a buy rating from a hold, saying rising commodity prices will likely boost demand for its services. He set a $37 price target on the shares. KBR shares are up 2.88%, or 89 cents, to $31.79 in premarket trading.
Biotechnology company MannKind (MNKD) has announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is delaying a decision on the company's diabetes drug, Afrezza. MannKind said the FDA needs about four more weeks to complete its evaluation of the inhaled insulin drug. MannKind stock is up 0.12%, or 1 cent, to $8.24 in premarket trading.
Equities research analysts at Davenport raised their 2011 and 2012 earnings estimates for Alcoa (AA) on Monday to $1.12 and $1.40, respectively, from $1.05 and $1.32 on higher aluminum prices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV