China Cuts Mineral Export Quotas
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- China's Commerce Ministry has announced that it will slash exports of rare earth minerals by 10% during the first half of 2011.
China is allocating 14,446 tons, or 13,105 metric tons, of rare earths among 31 companies.
According to a report from the AP, China is responsible for 97% of the global production of rare earths and minerals, and are relied on by technology companies for use in devices such as cell phones and computers.
"Relevant departments are in consultation on yearly rare earth export quotas for 2011, which will be decided after evaluating domestic output and demand at home and abroad, as well as requirements for sustainable development," said China's Commerce Ministry in a statement.-- Written by Ross Tucker in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Ross Tucker. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/rosstucker. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV