Nuveen Dividend Advantage Municipal Fund 3 Issues At-Par Redemption Notice For Auction-Rate Preferred Securities
Nuveen Investments, a leading global provider of investment services to institutions and high-net-worth investors, today announced that the Nuveen Dividend Advantage Municipal Fund 3 (AMEX: NZF) has called for redemption at par a portion of its outstanding auction-rate preferred securities. This redemption will be funded by proceeds received from the issuance of MuniFund Term Preferred Shares (MTP).
NZF is redeeming $4.925 million of its $173.325 million of currently outstanding ARPS.
Total Shares Redeemed
Total Amount Redeemed
|W||67070X200||65||$1,625.000||January 18, 2011|
|TH||67070X309||66||$1,650,000||January 19, 2011|
|F||67070X408||66||$1,650,000||January 20, 2011|
MTP is a fixed rate form of preferred stock with a mandatory redemption period, in the case of this offering, of five years. By issuing MTP, the fund seeks to take advantage of the current historically low interest rate environment to lock in an attractive tax-exempt cost of leverage for a period as long as the term of the MTP. Issuing MTP helps the fund mitigate the risk of a significant increase in its cost of leverage should short-term interest rates rise.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV