OWN will launch on Saturday, Jan. 1. The new lifestyle channel will be available in both standard and high-definition on what is now the Discovery Health channel.
Discovery will retain 50% ownership of OWN, while Winfrey's production company, Harpo, will control the other 50%.With the addition of Cablevision's 3.5 million subscribers, OWN will be available in close to 85 million homes nationwide. The terms of the agreement were not disclosed. OWN, which is a joint venture between Harpo and Discovery Communications (DISCA), will feature over 20 original series, including Ask Oprah's All Stars, The Gayle King Show and In The Bedroom With Dr. Laura Berman.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV