- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) – Nearly two years after the act's passage, just 30 percent of the stimulus money allocated to ARRA projects has reached the contractors and subcontractors that perform the work and create private-sector jobs.
- Job Creation - Over 800,000 private-sector jobs were supported at least in part through stimulus-related projects in 2009 and 2010, but the majority of these jobs were temporary.
- gBusiness Trending - Government spending is approaching 50 percent of GDP, a level not seen since World War II.
- Outsourcing – Government-agency outsourcing increased by 25 percent in 2010.
- Cost of Goods Purchased - The influx of companies turning to government contracting as a source of revenue has driven down the prices of the goods and services purchased by government agencies. Over the course of 2010, government-contract values declined to just 45 percent of budget estimates, which has been devastating to small businesses in particular.
Onvia Predicts Job Growth And Increased Government Spending Transparency In 2011
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.