Onvia Predicts Job Growth And Increased Government Spending Transparency In 2011
SEATTLE, Dec. 28, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Onvia (Nasdaq: ONVI), the leading provider of gBusiness solutions and the creator of the stimulus-tracking website Recovery.org, predicts that the government will remain a significant catalyst for economic recovery in the coming year as stimulus dollars continue to reach states and cities. This prediction, along with a report on the stimulus' impact in 2010, is included in Onvia's 2011 Government Market Outlook Report, released today.
2011 Government Market Outlook Report: http://onvia.com/sites/default/files/pdf/2011_gmor.pdf
Onvia's report includes the following findings on government spending during 2010:
- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) – Nearly two years after the act's passage, just 30 percent of the stimulus money allocated to ARRA projects has reached the contractors and subcontractors that perform the work and create private-sector jobs.
- Job Creation - Over 800,000 private-sector jobs were supported at least in part through stimulus-related projects in 2009 and 2010, but the majority of these jobs were temporary.
- gBusiness Trending - Government spending is approaching 50 percent of GDP, a level not seen since World War II.
- Outsourcing – Government-agency outsourcing increased by 25 percent in 2010.
- Cost of Goods Purchased - The influx of companies turning to government contracting as a source of revenue has driven down the prices of the goods and services purchased by government agencies. Over the course of 2010, government-contract values declined to just 45 percent of budget estimates, which has been devastating to small businesses in particular.
Onvia expects that 2011 will be a strong year for government contracting at all levels, and that transparency in government spending will continue to improve. In addition, Onvia predicts that job creation will be the primary focus of policy efforts and discretionary federal spending decisions in 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV